PowerFloor™ panels are glued and screwed to timber or steel framing. It is this composite action that results in greater resistance to bounce and flex making Hebel® PowerFloor™ an excellent stable base for tile, slate, marble and other hard surface flooring. It is also perfectly suited to carpet, vinyl, timber boards and decorative finishes.
A quiet word about first floors
If you’re looking at building a two storey home or a second storey addition and you’re concerned about sound transmission between floors, Hebel® PowerFloor™ would be an excellent choice for you.
The unique structure of PowerFloor™ is particularly resistant to foot fall noise – the most common noise problem in modern, two storey homes.
Building on a sloping site?
If you are building on a sloping site, you will more than likely have a suspended floor. The improved thermal efficiency of Hebel® PowerFloor™ can contribute significantly to the energy efficiency rating of your home.
In states that insist on new dwellings satisfying certain measurable criteria, Hebel® PowerFloor™ can actually reduce the reliance on other design changes which may be necessary to comply such as double glazing and reduced window sizes.
- Hebel have been awarded the Good Environmental Choice Australia Label. www.geca.org.au (reduced environmental load of at least 30% over the life cycle*)
- Hebel® PowerFloor™ produces 43% less greenhouse gas emissions than particleboard flooring
Hebel® have been awarded the Good Environmental Choice Australia Label. www.geca.org.au (reduced environmental load of at least 30% over the life cycle)Hebel® PowerFloor™ produces 43% less greenhouse gas emissions than particleboard flooring.
- No propping: No requirement for rigid propping, as panels are supported by the joists.
- Good load carrying capacity: PowerFloor™ systems can support a maximum uniformly distributed load of 3kPa, or concentrated (point) load of 1.8kN, with joists at 600mm maximum centres. For loads outside this range, please contact Hebel®.
- Low wastage: Minimal on-site cutting as panels are supplied in standard lengths to suit joist spacings.
- Rapid installation: Typical placement rates of 70m2/day can be achieved, with follow-on trades starting after 24 hours. The speed of construction of the project is further enhanced when coupled with Hebel® PowerWall™ Systems.
- Tranquillity: PowerFloor™ is designed for superior acoustic insulation. It creates a sound barrier between floors, and used with a Hebel wall system, maximises the tranquillity in your home.
- Termite resistant: AAC is not a food source for termites.
- Fire resistance: Excellent resistance to fires on top of the floor.
- Solidity: PowerFloor™ is extremely strong, and each panel is reinforced with corrosion-protected steel mesh. The panels fit snugly together to form a strong and smooth floor.
- Thermal Resistance: PowerFloor’s™ better thermal efficiency assists in achieving thermal ratings that results in reduced heating and cooling costs.
No pre-drilling required: All fixings can self-tap through the AAC.