Hebel® PowerBlocks are large AAC blocks, laid in much the same way as bricks but using Hebel® Adhesive to form a monolithic structure. Typically, external walls use a single skin of 250mm thick blocks while internal, non-loadbearing walls use 100mm thick blocks.
Walls built with Hebel® PowerBlocks are strong and durable, providing you with the security of solid masonry with the added advantages that the unique nature of Hebel® AAC can deliver.
Compared to traditional double brick construction, Hebel® Block Walls can be laid much faster, saving time and building costs. Building with Hebel® PowerBlocks creates more internal floor area for the same building dimensions.
Building with Hebel® PowerBlocks provides loadbearing walls that completely eliminate combustible material from the wall construction making Hebel® an ideal choice for bushfire prone areas.
- Exceptional thermal and acoustic insulation properties
- Non-combustible blocks with frameless construction deliver superior fire resistance
- 73% less embodied energy and 61% less greenhouse gas emissions than comparative masonry products*
- Not a food source for termites or vermin and no cavity construction eliminates the chance of harbouring pests
* Source: LCA Report GECA 2006