CSR Hebel is 100% owned by CSR Building Products Limited, one of Australia’s leading building products companies. CSR Hebel manufactures and markets a range of lightweight Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) blocks, reinforced PowerPanels, cladding and lintels for use in the housing and commercial construction industry. CSR Hebel also sells complementary mortars, tools and accessories.
In 1989, CSR became involved with Hebel and established the Australian operation. Since then, Hebel has won wide acceptance as an innovative and environmentally friendly building material due to its speed of construction, excellent thermal/fire/acoustic properties and its design versatility.
As environmental consciousness and social responsibility increases, CSR Hebel is striving to exceed these ideals and set new standards in building materials and residential living.
Designed for Inner Comfort
With Hebel PowerWall clients can enjoy a comfortable interior in their home, and be comfortable with their choice for the environment.Manufacture of Hebel materials uses a small fraction of the energy and natural resources used in manufacturing conventional masonry, producing almost no waste or by-products. Hebel’s highly efficient insulation also saves power in heating or cooling the home.
Designed for Inner Peace
Hebel PowerWall helps you create a tranquil inner space. We have worked closely with acoustic experts and testing authorities to engineer inherently superior acoustics from our wall and floor systems. They create a sound barrier to external noise and from other rooms within the home.
Designed for Peace of Mind
lthough it’s remarkably lightweight, Hebel is solid and durable. Hebel PowerPanel is reinforced with steel for extra strength. Hebel is also extremely fire-resistant and is not a food source for termites.
Designed to Save
As they’re lightweight, Hebel materials are quick to assemble, saving building time and costs. They also minimise the need for supporting materials, saving budget resources and energy.
Use Hebel for Better Framed Construction
- Using Hebel PowerPanel for your framed construction provides you with cost savings and greater floor space for the same building dimensions.
- Hebel PowerPanel is faster to install than bricks, saving on building costs.
- Hebel products are lightweight, reducing the structural load on the frame and its design requirements for supporting building materials.
- Their low weight makes Hebel PowerPanels ideal for use in difficult applications such as sloping sites. An external wall of Hebel PowerPanels is steel-reinforced, solid and secure.
- Hebel PowerPanels have better thermal efficiency than brick veneer or even double brick walls, resulting in reduced heating and cooling costs. Further thermal efficiency may be achieved by adding insulation to the frame cavity.
- Hebel is fire-resistant, with a fire rating of up to four hours.
Hebel PowerWall for Detached Houses & Low Rise Multi-Residential External Walls has been designed for homes built using either timber or steel framing and can be used in new dwelling construction, extensions or re-cladding. The system consists of 75mm thick, steel-reinforced Hebel PowerPanels, fixed vertically to horizontal battens attached to the load-bearing frame. For quick, clean construction, Hebel PowerPanels can be ordered in the stock lengths of 2400mm, 2700mm and 3000mm and in widths of 300mm and 600mm. The 600mm wide PowerPanels are also available in the additional lengths of 1200mm, 2550mm and 2850mm.
Fig. 1.1 Panel Installation
- With Hebel PowerWall, your home will reach lockup stage sooner.
- The installation of Hebel PowerWall is very fast, especially on purpose-designed houses.
- Any competent tradesperson can easily install Hebel PowerWall. Two people can install up to 100m2 of external wall in about three days.
- The modular design of the dwelling minimises waste.n A standard 2400mm Hebel PowerPanel weighs about 74kg when delivered*, which two people can position. No cranes are required.
- Hebel PowerWall gives you great freedom in designing your home and you can customise the style by applying coloured and textured coatings to the PowerPanels.
- A thinner external wall results in greater internal living space and design flexibility. A 50mm reduction in external wall thickness can provide about 2% extra internal space for the same external dimensions.
- Hebel PowerWall is a solid choice. It’s extremely strong, and each Hebel PowerPanel is steel reinforced.
- Capable of up to four hours fire resistance for a fire source on the PowerPanel side.
- Hebel PowerPanel does not provide a food source for vermin or termites.
Lower Energy Costs
- As with all Hebel products, Hebel PowerPanel has excellent thermal properties. This feature results in lower heating and cooling costs at no additional building expense.
* Calculated at 30% moisture content. At 4% equilibrium moisture content, the PowerPanel would weigh approximately 60kg.