Forming part of the Wallcote system, Acryloc Roll On Textures are a range of low to medium profile granular coatings, designed to be applied with a roller. A range of textured effects can be achieved using selected roller covers.
Acryloc Roll on Textures are available in three grain sizes coatings, manufactured as tintable, white bases and provide an attractive finish on correctly prepared domestic & commercial, exterior & interior wall surfaces.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Excellent water resistance,
- Excellent vapour permeability.
- Excellent durability.
- Strong adhesion.
- Low maintenance.
- Easy to apply.
- Water based, Easy & safe clean up.
- 10 yr Coating System warranty.
Acryloc Prime Seal.
- Joint Set & Beads/Trims (if required)
Acryloc Patch (add 5-10% cement).
- Fill / Patch / Skim (if required).
- Render Coat (if required)
Wallcote FR, for AAC, polymer modified, fibre reinforced.
Wallcote Pro Render, polymer modified, low – medium build.
Wallcote Trade Render, traditional Render, medium – high build plus Acryloc Liquid Bond (if specified).
Tuscan Fine/Moroccan Medium/Rustic Coarse.
- Protective Colour Coat (recommended)
Acryloc Armourflex Masonry Matt or Lo Sheen.
SUITABLE SUBSTRATES – when properly prepared
- Cement Render.
- AAC (Autoclaved Aerated Concrete).
- Fibre Cement Sheeting (Fibro/Blue board).
- Rendered expanded polystyrene.
- Clay and Concrete Brickwork.
- Concrete blocks.
- Tilt panel walls.
- Other primed exterior surfaces.
- Areas not to be coated should be masked and protected.
- All surfaces to be coated must be clean, sound, free from contaminants including; oil, mould release, dust, dirt, silicone, mud, grease, salt, efflorescence, animal droppings and any loose or flaking material.
- All substrates must be primed with Acryloc Prime Seal.
- Apply the Prime Seal at the rate of 12.5-16.5m2/L and allow to dry (approx 30mins). (Note: The concentrate form of Prime Seal must be diluted before use).
- Imperfections and butt joints should be filled with Acryloc Patch with 5% Portland Cement added.
- The surface may be coated with Acryloc Patch or Acryloc cement based Render, as required, before applying Acryloc Roll on Sand Texture.
- Acryloc Roll on Texture does not require thinning or dilution. Up to 300mL of clean water can be added to a 15L pail to adjust the workability if desired.
- Mix thoroughly with a broad, flat stirrer, using an upward lifting action, or use a power mixer.
- Power mixing is recommended as this will enhance the workability and give the best coverage.
- A wet edge should be maintained throughout the application and day joints formed at corners, expansion joints or mouldings where they will not be evident after completion.
- Apply Acryloc Roll on Texture to the surface with a suitable texture roller. Load the roller generously and apply in strips 500mm-750mm in length.
- Once five (5) or six (6) strips have been applied, roll across to even out the surface.
- Finish in one direction for an even texture.
- Repeat the above steps, only re-rolling 70-100mm into the previously coated area.
- Work quickly and without interruption, laying off from the edge to avoid texture imperfections.
- If a small area is missed, it is best to touch up when the area is dry. Running out of material midway through a wall surface should be avoided at all times. In this event, feather the edge and allow texture to dry, then marry in with new material.
- Acryloc Roll on Texture should not be extended (spread) too far; otherwise durability and hiding power may suffer.
- Care should be taken to keep Acryloc Roll on Texture off windows and adjacent surfaces that are not to be coated, as it can be very difficult to remove once allowed to dry.
- Do not apply Acryloc Roll on Texture when rain is anticipated within 5 hours of completion of the days work, longer
- in damp, cold +/or humid conditions.
- Avoid application in full sun, on hot surfaces or in hot windy conditions.
- Application should be carried out on a day with temperatures above 10°C and below 32°C
- Coated area must be protected from damage until the completion of the project; finished work must be protected from rain, frost and severe weather conditions until fully dried.
- Acryloc Roll on Texture is normally over coated with Acryloc Acryloc Armourflex for best colour accuracy, to improve durability and to reduce dirt pickup.
Clean up with water
Shelf-Life – Unopened Containers
Maximum two (2) years from date of manufacture when stored correctly.
Transport & Storage
Pails should not be stacked more than three (3) high during transportation and must be transported upright Store in a cool place, upright, out of direct sunlight and above 4°C.
APPEARANCE – Off white textured viscous liquid.
ODOUR – Low.
APPLICATION METHOD – Roller.
SPECIFIC GRAVITY (NOMINAL) – 1.4 -1.6
THEORETICAL COVERAGE -1.7-2.0m²/L Tuscan; 1.4-1.7m²/L Moroccan; 1.2-1.5m2
/ L Rustic.
WET FILM THICKNESS (RECOMM) – Product grain size.
DRY TIME (25°C & 50% RH) (APPROX) – Tack Free/2 hours, Recoat/ Overcoat/After 3 hours, Fully Dried/24 hours.
NO. OF COATS – Typically 1 coat.
GLOSS LEVEL – Textured – matt.
Acryloc Building Products provides a material replacement warranty against bubbling, peeling or flaking of the full Wallcote® Coating System caused by any defect in manufacture for a period of ten years when applied correctly by a skilled and experienced applicator in accordance with all current application criteria, including but not limited to, substrate type and preparation, application rates and methods, prevailing weather conditions and protection of finished work. Application dates, product batch numbers and quantities must be recorded and supplied as a minimum to effect potential product failure investigation.
Acryloc Building Products provides no warranty, expressed or implied, against damage due to movement of the substrate or structure.
Acryloc Building Products cannot accept responsibility for variations in colour, strength, appearance or workability resulting from on-site mixing procedures and conditions.
SAFETY & HANDLING
When working with Acryloc Roll on Sand Texture observe the usual precautions for handling acrylic water based products including:
- Avoid inhalation of the vapour, prolonged skin contact and particularly eye contact.
- Wear protective clothing to minimize skin contact and wear goggles where splatter is likely.
- Where spills occur, soak up liquid spillage with sand/sawdust and dispose of in a sensible manner. Do not permit run-off to sewer, storm water or open bodies of water.
Full pails are HEAVY. Wear protective footwear and seek assistance if necessary.
FIRST AID MEASURES
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water. Do NOT induce vomiting. Drink at least two (2) glasses of water. Seek medical attention.
Wash with copious amount of water for 15 minutes holding eyelid(s) open. Take care not to rinse contaminated water into non-affected eye. Seek medical attention.